ICARA will provide a collaborating network, support structures and learning opportunities for research societies across the globe.
ICARA will provide:
- a forum for information exchange and mutual support, especially with regard to the very practical matters involved in running a successful research society such as conference organisation, running journals, and establishing scholarships
- information and education opportunities for society members to learn about such things as research integrity, scientific publishing, funding mechanisms, and evidence-based policy
- international cooperation in relation to advocacy for research funding
- a base for inter-organizational collaboration
- mentoring for new society leaders
- nurturing for new societies